The job holder will serve as a primary “Police and Gendarmerie” (PGE) Program Advisor in Peshawar. S/he will assist and support the implementation of the programs and all the activities related to the “Police and Gendarmerie” (PGE) department at the sub-delegation level. S/he will manage and provide a direct support to the program team based in Islamabad and Peshawar respectively. S/he will report to the Deputy Head of Sub-Delegation Peshawar and contributes through a cross functional work with other departments and stakeholders; and implement the “Police and Gendarmerie” (PGE) annual planning for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Police and Security Forces (SFs).
- Assist the program team and the management of the sub delegation in understanding all the operating arms carrier’s structures.
- Maintain and update stock of different ICRC publications needed for program activities.
- Support the Delegation and the Sub delegation in Police and Gendarmerie” (PGE) program related activities in Pakistan.
- Prepare and coordinate Police and Gendarmerie” (PGE) activities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) as advised by the Sub-delegation.
- Prepare, perform and raise the quality of dissemination sessions with different interlocutors.
- Masters in Social Sciences from a recognized university.
- 3–5 years’ experience in police / security forces or similar experience in a humanitarian organization.
- Graduation from Law and Enforcement Academy would be preferred.
- Fluent command of English and Urdu. (Pushto would be an asset)
- Computer proficiency with excellent skills in Microsoft Office.
- Good Knowledge of domestic and international law.
- A multinational, congenial and multicultural working environment.
- A Competitive package.
- Extensive opportunities for learning and development.
If your profile matches the requirements and you are interested in this position please apply online.
Your application should be submitted no later than 04.05.2021 and must comprise of:
- A cover / motivation letter setting out briefly your motivation and suitability for the position. The ICRC will pay special attention to it while shortlisting the applicants.
- A complete and up-to-date CV.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an equal opportunity employer.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.