The Weapon Contamination (WeC) Field Officer implements directly or supports the planning, implementation and monitoring of ICRC WeC/partners activities. S/he contributes directly to ensuring staff safety and the continuation of critical operations, helping vulnerable people and supporting National Society/other ICRC partners in situations where conventional or non-conventional weapon contamination poses a hazard. We are looking for someone with hands on experience in project/ program management.
- Assists the WeC department in drafting concept notes/proposal, implementing and following up WeC activities.
- Contributes to assessing and analysing the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment as relevant to the ICRC, and shares information on these subjects with hierarchy.
- Collects and compiles WeC-related information.
- Contributes in capacity building of the national authorities and National Society.
- Contributes to written reporting on WeC activities.
- Develops and maintains contacts with the authorities at local level.
- Translates/interprets materials as required by the department.
- Reports events and changes within the AoR that could have an impact on the ICRC's activities, thereby providing sound elements that help the department/delegation to set objectives and priorities.
- Stands in for the WeC Field Manager and represents the WeC programme in internal and external meetings where and when required.
- Relevant degree from a university or technical college.
- At least 03 years overall professional experience in a humanitarian context.
- A multinational, friendly, and multicultural working environment.
- A competitive package.
- Extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- Open Ended Contract
Your application should be submitted no later than 30.09.2021 and must comprise of:
- A cover / motivation letter setting out briefly your motivation and suitability for the position. The ICRC will pay special attention to it while shortlisting the applicants.
- A complete and up-to-date CV.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an equal opportunity employer.
Females are encouraged to apply.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.