The position is vacant in ICRC’s Protection department which primarily manages Protection of Family Links (PFL) program in close partnership with the Pakistan Red Crescent Society. Globally, the Family Links Network — composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and 192 National Red Cross and Red Crescent societies help reconnect families who are separated from their loved ones following natural or man-made disasters, international migration, emergencies and other situations of humanitarian need. The
The position is a middle management level having a close coordination with the Head of Protection /RFL Coordinator. The Program Manager under the supervision of Head of Protection will be responsible for the full project cycle management.
The position will report to the Head of Protection / RFL Coordinator to support as the Delegation’s focal point for defining and implementing the objectives and activities closely with the Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) and other Movement Partners in Pakistan.
As an in-charge for several thematic program files, s/he will be responsible for annual, quarterly planning and ongoing monitoring of program, budget and devising team strategies for supportive an effective program implementation.
- Contributes to the development and definition of the delegation's policies and objectives and implements protection activities.
- Plans, organizes, supervises and monitors the work of staff involved in protection activities.
- Coaches, trains and provides technical support to staff involved in protection activities and helping them in identifying training needs. S/he contributes to performance and competency appraisals of the staff under the direct supervision.
- Reviews and analyses program data to identify protection trends, referral (as appropriate), and responses.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a humanitarian sector.
- Contributes to identifying needs in terms of human and financial resources.
- Drafts internal protection reports and representations to stakeholders at local and regional levels.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining the network of stakeholders involved in protection-related issues.
- Act as a focal person for Protections department in absence of the coordinator
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 06 years of professional experience in managing out a range of humanitarian activities preferably protection in a humanitarian setup. (Experience of another context/international mission and/or working in the migration/refugee thematic will be an added advantage).
- Ability to travel in and outside Pakistan.
- Excellent command of English and Urdu.
- Strong computer proficiency with excellent skills in Microsoft office tools.
- Excellent analytical formulation and reporting skills.
- Knowledge management and leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation, training and knowledge transfer skills.
- A multinational, friendly, and multicultural working environment.
- A competitive package.
- Extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- Open Ended Contract
Your application should be submitted no later than 25.10.2021 and must comprise of:
- A cover / motivation letter setting out briefly your motivation and suitability for the position. The ICRC will pay special attention to it while shortlisting the applicants.
- A complete and up-to-date CV.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an equal opportunity employer.
Females are encouraged to apply.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.